I feel like Monday gets a bad rap, like it is Saturday and Sunday’s hangover…..but it doesn’t have to be!
I like to make a super extra yummy supper on Monday, everyone is a little extra tired from “adulting” on Monday’s so I want to give them something to look forward to!
Try out this recipe with basic ingredients, you will likely have on hand. If you don’t have lettuce on hand, you should, we all need more lettuce 😉
TRACEY’S LETTUCE WRAPS
- 1/4 cup peanuts (obviously avoid if allergic – still yummy without)
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, slow cooked and then cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced match-stick style
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 5 T hoisin sauce
- 1 T chili paste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- steam fried crispy Asian Noodles
- Heat skillet to med-high heat. Add peanuts and stir occasionally until roasty. Remove from pan and set aside
- Heat 1 T oil in same skillet over med heat. Add garlic and saute until softened. Add chicken, stir fry a few minutes
- Add onion, pepper and mushrooms. Saute for 1 min
- Meanwhile, dissolve brown sugar in the soy sauce. Add to the vegetable in the pan. Continue to stir fry for about 2 mins.
- Add the hoisin sauce and chili paste
- Stir in green onions and remove from heat.
- To assemble; place noodles on lettuce, then the meat and veggies and top with peanuts